Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tasteatery Meal Plan

Img_5082_copy
I recently tried out Tasteatery’s meal plan, commuter style. With the Hulk smoothie in hand, which is often my breakfast, I got on the bus with the cooler full of goodies in my bag. Despite being surrounded by an endless variety of options between Soho, Tribeca and Chinatown, I STILL crave Tasteatery and wish there was one in downtown Manhattan. It’s surprising how hard it is to get really good all-natural healthy food for lunch. Nevermind that it’s usually not grassfed and environmentally responsible. My involuntary test of a restaurant’s quality is whether I have an allergic reaction to food to which I am not otherwise allergic, such as salad. It has been pretty difficult to pinpoint the cause of these allergies, but my deduction has been that these places are not washing their produce.

Img_5086_copy

 

When I got to the studio, I was pleased to unpack my favorite Create Plate with roasted kale and veggies, salmon and quinoa; an avocado stuffed with a refreshing salsa; and a generous container of beet juice. It was completely satisfying, delicious and extremely fresh. I had plenty to snack on throughout the day and I knew I was eating right. But the biggest plus for me was that I knew I wouldn’t be having an allergic reaction to what I’m eating. Go Tasteatery!

 

 

No comments: